We welcome your comments at rabble.ca. To maintain a respectful dialogue, we've posted the guidelines of our comment policy below.
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain on the topic set by the original article, discussion question or other type of initial entry. Post maximum is 250 words. We invite you to bring any longer, more in-depth commentary to our discussion forum, babble.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, excess profanity, oppressive and aggressive behaviour are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Please avoid spreading misleading or false information.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content is prohibited, as is aggressively promoting or linking to services or products.
- Copyright. Please do not publish full-length articles from other publications and websites -- linking is preferable.
rabble.ca embraces a pro-human rights, pro-feminist, anti-racist, queer-positive, anti-imperialist and pro-labour stance, and as such encourages discussions which develop and expand progressive thought.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to edit, remove individual comments or close comment threads that violate our comment policy. We expect all contributors to be respectful.
If you plan to comment on our discussion forum, babble, please read and respect our babble policy.
Thank you for taking the time to review our comment policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
Thank you for reading this story...
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all. But media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our only supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help.
If everyone who visits rabble and likes it chipped in a couple of dollars per month, our future would be much more secure and we could do much more: like the things our readers tell us they want to see more of: more staff reporters and more work to complete the upgrade of our website.
We’re asking if you could make a donation, right now, to set rabble on solid footing.