What Jagmeet Singh must do-IMHO

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
indigo 007 indigo 007's picture
What Jagmeet Singh must do-IMHO
Timebandit Timebandit's picture

Hey, clickbaiter - use the active thread you've already started on this topic.

http://rabble.ca/babble/canadian-politics/jagmeet-singh-needs-get-his-as...

 

Unionist

Better yet, stop treating babble as your personal blog. It's disrespectful.

Timebandit Timebandit's picture

That, too.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Billyard doesn't care what anyone posts here. He probably doesn't even read it. The only way to get rid of him is by banning, which I suggested a few months ago.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Can I play Devil's advocate and say that Trudeau has no choice but to establish a friendly relationship with Orange Hitler because we are physically and economically attached to that shithole country?

The NDP would have to and certainly would do the same thing.

Sad but true.

Timebandit Timebandit's picture

Michael Moriarity wrote:

Billyard doesn't care what anyone posts here. He probably doesn't even read it. The only way to get rid of him is by banning, which I suggested a few months ago.

He's just using babble to drive a few clicks on his blog, which I imagine to have very little traffic. That's also why he doesn't provide any quote from the link. As I said, clickbaiting. I almost prefer the scammers selling knock-off Ray Bans.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Timebandit wrote:

Michael Moriarity wrote:

Billyard doesn't care what anyone posts here. He probably doesn't even read it. The only way to get rid of him is by banning, which I suggested a few months ago.

He's just using babble to drive a few clicks on his blog, which I imagine to have very little traffic. That's also why he doesn't provide any quote from the link. As I said, clickbaiting. I almost prefer the scammers selling knock-off Ray Bans.

I'm all out of knock-off Ray Bans.  Any of those scammer threads been posted lately?

Mighty Middle Mighty Middle's picture

alan smithee wrote:

The NDP would have to and certainly would do the same thing.

Sad but true.

That is not true. Tom Mulcair, Jagmeet Singh and the ENTIRE NDP caucus is firm on this point. That if they were in Government the first thing they would do is TELL OFF Trump to his face.

NDP is crystal clear on this point.

Timebandit Timebandit's picture

Ken Burch wrote:

I'm all out of knock-off Ray Bans.  Any of those scammer threads been posted lately?

Meg chased them all away. You'll have to stick with the no-name shades. ;)

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Timebandit wrote:

Ken Burch wrote:

I'm all out of knock-off Ray Bans.  Any of those scammer threads been posted lately?

Meg chased them all away. You'll have to stick with the no-name shades. ;)

Dang.  

voice of the damned

(Google "college liberal meme" or "college conservative meme" for the template here...)

ANNOUNCES HIMSELF A CITIZEN OF CASCADIA

TELLS JAGMEET SINGH WHAT TO DO FOR "OUR COUNTRY"

voice of the damned

As for the subplot about the appropriateness of these clickbait posts, well, as I said before, it's up the mods what to do, they being the ones who have to supervise the threads. If they wanna ban Indigo outta here, that's fine with me, but if they see fit to keep him around, I think it's okay for everyone else to comment on the topics(such as they are) that he raises.

 

Timebandit Timebandit's picture

I'd just prefer a quote from or an explanation of whatever link - it's not just indigo who does this - so I can decide whether I want to give the link any traffic. It seems inconsiderate not to. IMO. 

Unionist

I'd like to see one single example of "indigo" (we know who you are) ever offering an opinion or comment or reply about any of the articles he posts here.

You know, like, on our "discussion" board.

Waiting.

voice of the damned

Have the moderators ever made a public and official ruling about the appropriateness of indigo's posting? If not, I think that might be a good idea, since there seem to be a lot of complaints about it. I think I will make that suggestion to them right now, in fact.

EDIT: Suggestion made.

Unionist

voice of the damned wrote:

Have the moderators ever made a public and official ruling about the appropriateness of indigo's posting? If not, I think that might be a good idea, since there seem to be a lot of complaints about it. I think I will make that suggestion to them right now, in fact.

EDIT: Suggestion made.

Thanks, VOTD. Indigo has been making these commentless clickbait "use babble to popularize my blog" posts for almost 3 years, as far as I can see. Here's the first one I found (March 2015). And these days, s/he tends to open 2 identical threads.

MegB

There is no specific rule about promoting one's own content, but I did recently suggest to one babbler that they needed to contact our editor if they wanted to publish a long form piece that they'd repeatedly linked to. They chose to not take my advice and said they would be leaving babble.

While there is no specific policy on promoting your writing, there is an understanding here, I think, that this is a discussion board, not a venue for self-promotion. I've heard from many of you about indigo, and I'm listening. The existing thread (thanks for the link Timebandit!) is quite enough. Closing this one and referring babblers to the existing thread that Timebandit linked to further up on this thread.

http://rabble.ca/babble/canadian-politics/jagmeet-singh-needs-get-his-as...

Indigo, this is not a venue for self-promotion. If you want to publish here, please contact our editor.

 

Topic locked